The LDAP Tool Box project provides a set of LDAP-related applications, administrative tools, and other utilities. They have just released version 2.6 of their OpenLDAP init script component, which can be used to ensure that an OpenLDAP server is started on system boot. This release fixes an issue with default permissions in the backup script.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when receiving a malicious packet
- Fixed a memory management issue in connection handling
- Fixed an issue that could cause syncrepl to recreate an entry that had been deleted
- Fixed a deadlock detection issue when using the Berkeley DB database backend
LdapRecord aims to provide a simple way to interact with LDAP entries using PHP. The project has released version 2.2.1, which fixes an issue in which it could fail to create a simple paged results control value, and version 2.2.2, which fixes an issue in which calling refresh could incorrectly affect attributes of the parent record.
- Fix an infinite loop that could occur if the connection to the LDAP server is lost while paging through results
- Fixed an inadvertent backward compatibility problem with container event dispatchers
- Improved support for various password hashing mechanisms
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to replicate a modify DN operation
- Fixed a changelog caching issue
- Fixed a UI issue that could prevent it from showing configuration updates
- Updated the server to log a message if a persistent search causes a connection thread limit to be exceeded
- Expanded single sign-on support for the Admin Console. It was previously only supported in conjunction with the PingOne service, but it can now be used with any OpenID Connect provider. It also offers additional options for determining whether to trust the TLS certificate chain presented by the OpenID Connect provider.
- Improved performance when requesting a conflict prevention details entry through the uniqueness request control.
Apache Directory Studio is a Java application that acts as a general-purpose LDAP browser, schema editor, and LDIF editor, and also provides specialized support for managing ApacheDS. The project has just released version 2.0.0-M16. According to the changelog, some of the changes in this release include:
- Fixed issues that could prevent running properly on MacOS
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash for groups with over 1,000 members
- Fixed an issue that could cause ACI corruption when editing an entry
- Fixed an LDIF export issue that could cause entries to be omitted from large result sets
- Fixed an LDIF import issue that could omit information about errors that occurred during processing
- Fixed an issue that prevented searches with the simple paged results control from working properly
- Fixed an issue that could cause problems when trying to delete a value when access controls prevented access to other values for the same attribute
- Added support for themes
- Fixed an issue that could use the wrong paging settings when exporting to CSV or Excel
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the quick search icon from appearing
- Fixed an issue with quick search when switching between connections
- Fixed an issue that could prevent an entry’s structural object class from being displayed if the name contains an underscore
- Fixed an issue that prevented text editor preferences from appearing