The LDAP Tool Box project offers a number of tools, scripts, and other niceties for working with LDAP. Today, they announced the availability of RPMs for OpenLDAP version 2.4.47 for the recently released Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 8. Although Red Hat had previously provided OpenLDAP packages as part of their distribution, this was deprecated in RHEL 7.4. The LTB-provided packages are available for download at https://ltb-project.org/download#rhel_8 or are in their yum repository.
The openSUSE Linux distribution has released new openSUSE Leap 15.0 packages for version 184.108.40.206 of the 389 Directory Server. The security update announcement highlights five issues addressed in this release, including an authentication bypass vulnerability and a few denial-of-service vulnerabilities (via crashing the server) as a result of race conditions or buffer overflows.
The Apache Directory LDAP API version 2.0.0.AM3 has been released. This is a preview release of the upcoming 2.0.0 version, and the release announcement lists several bug fixes and improvements. Highlights seem to be performance improvements, client-side support for LDAP transactions and the modify-increment extension, better support for request controls, and easier access to troubleshooting information.
Adldap2 is a PHP package that provides LDAP authentication and directory management tools. The project has just released version 10.0.9, adds the ability to recursively delete entries, adds a method to query for a field that may contain any of a given set of values, and fixes an issue with the username for an account imported from OpenLDAP.
- apache / directory-project — The Maven parent POM and some shared resources for the Apache Directory Project.
- apache / directory-server — Source code for the Apache Directory Server.
- apache / directory-ldap-api — Source code for the Apache Directory LDAP API.
- apache / directory-studio — Source code for the Apache Directory Studio graphical LDAP browser and LDAP client.
- apache / directory-mavibot — Source code for the Apache Mavibot Btree implementation.
- apache / directory-scimple — Source code for Apache SCIMple, a SCIM 2.0 implementation.
- apache / directory-kerby — Source code for Apache Kerby, a Kerberos protocol and KDC implementation.
- apache / directory-fortress-core — Source code for the core of Apache Fortress, an LDAP-enabled role-based access management framework.
- apache / directory-fortress-enmasse — Source code for a REST API for use with Fortress.
- apache / directory-fortress-realm — Source code for a Tomcat realm that integrates with Fortress.
- apache / directory-fortress-commander — Source code for a web component of the Fortress project.
- apache / directory-buildtools — Source code for various directory-related build tools.
- apache / directory-samples — Directory-related sample source code.
Editor’s note: Although Apache used the term “migrating” in their announcement, it should be noted that they’re not using GitHub as their exclusive source control system. They are still maintaining their own git infrastructure that is bidirectionally synchronized with GitHub. Additional information is available in another Apache Software Foundation blog post at https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/apache-and-github-a-friendly.
The Open Identity Platform project has released version 4.4.2 of the OpenDJ Directory Server. The comparison of changes between this and the previous 4.4.1 release indicates that the new version includes updates for Docker support and sets a property in the Berkeley DB Java Edition to avoid problems due to low disk space.