Hosted directory provider JumpCloud has published a video series featuring an interview with LDAP co-creator Tim Howes. It’s a little over a half an hour in total, but broken up into several short videos with parts 4 and 5 providing the meatiest, most LDAP-specific content.
- Part 1: The Early Days of the Internet — Who Is Tim Howes?
- Part 2: Know Yourself: How Tim Howes Is Giving Back to Children
- Part 3: Tim Howes on the Value of Mentorship & the Journey to LDAP
- Part 4: The Story of LDAP: From Inspiration to Necessity
- Part 5: Why LDAP Was Adopted & the Difference Between LDAP vs OpenLDAP
- Part 6: Limitations of Wrapping a Directory Infrastructure Into a Vendor Stack
- Part 7: Tim Howes on the Future of Identity
- Part 8: The Co-Creator of LDAP on Why He Believes in JumpCloud